Vic Darchinyan-Z Gorres Heading to Purse Bid

By Matt Goldstein

11/11/2007

Vic Darchinyan-Z Gorres Heading to Purse Bid

60-40 Split in Favor of Darchinyan for the IBF Super Flyweight Title Eliminator

The bout between former IBF Flyweight Champion Vic Darchinyan, 29-1 with 23 knockouts, and former WBO Super Flyweight title challenger Z. Gorres, 27-2 with 15 knockouts, is heading to purse bid after Gary Shaw pulled the plug on an offer that was previously accepted by the Z Gorres camp.  Darchinyan will receive 60% of the winning bid, while Gorres will take the remaining 40% as Darchinyan is ranked 5th and Gorres 6th.  Although it is somewhat questionable that Darchinyan is ranked higher at super flyweight than Gorres, Vic’s reign as the IBF Flyweight champion most likely gave him better positioning.  Team Darchinyan is hoping that the fight ends up in Australia although it has been rumored to take place in California.  The winner of Darchinyan-Gorres will become the mandatory for newly crowned champion Dimitry Kirilov, 29-3 with 9 knockouts.  Kirilov is trained by Freddie Roach.  Source: Philboxing